Paintings and Prints available

9/22/05

getting there.........

Nora Jones singing in the background....."If I were a painter"....... "I'm dreamin of a place".........""and could paint a memory, I'd climb inside the sky to be with you"............

The war goes on and nature humbles the greatest nation on earth,

The place of art pales in comparison to what my brother suffers.

It's a little awkward for me to stumble towards some enigmatic goal of beauty in the face of suffering. The best I can do is to donate a piece to a local charity. Today in the gallery a nurse from the hospital came in and asked for donations for an event they are putting on for the damage done by the hurricane that devestated New Orleans. I gave 3 paintings. Meanwhile another hurricane even worse than Katrina storms down on Galveston. Oddly this is a good thing as it turns our attention to home and raises questions that challenge the purpose of the war in Iraq. Meanwhile fuel hits record prices and winter is coming.

As far as my artwork goes I've hit a new level.
I've started to gain "Sensibility", the ability to envision the subject in its entirety. The end result of an attempt to interpret what I see, what I believe and what I want to say. It's a pivotal place where what your efforts have amounted to enable one to express what is sensed. I have great expectations. My canvas is getting bigger my pallette is established and my choices difinitive.

Anyway......................... .......................................
Posted by Picasa

No comments: