Paintings and Prints available

1/27/07

Port of Seattle, 3"x3", oil on gessoed masonite, $35

The wonderful thing about plein air painting is being able to complete a painting in a brief time. For a hectic life style on the road it is difficult to keep the eye and hand in the game. Because I am working with such small studies I am able to execute ideas that are inspired by a variety of landscape whether it is a cityscape or a view of mountains.
The lights of the port terminal, cranes unloading sea going ships, the ferry approaching the terminal and steam from various factories make for a pretty intense scene at 4 a.m. in the morning.
I've discovered a fine grain gessoed panel I got at the art supply store when I picked up my new easel. I like the effects I can obtain and the way it accepts fine washes or pallet knife work.

No comments: