Paintings and Prints available

4/19/07

Eagle study, 16x20, watercolor



I spent the day studying the eagle family on the Sanpoil.

After about 4 hours one of the adults arrived with Junior, who must be last years eaglet. He perched in the nearby cottonwood and squawked hungrily while mom and dad told him to go get his own food, evidently he hadn't been successful when out with dad. He's a typical teenager, ruffled feathers and all.

When dad or mom, whoever it was, got finished feeding the youngun he flew over and knocked junior off the limb he was on as if to say, "Go earn a living!" I didn't see him the rest of the day.

It is a fantastic and wild place on the Sanpoil although the hiway isn't 100 yards away from the nest. I thought I might be imposing myself but a helicopter flew right over the nest and they didn't miss a lick.

No comments: