Paintings and Prints available

1/24/08

Riding through Valhalla, 16x20, oil


A couple years ago I attended a workshop in Nakusp, BC and discovered Valhalla National Park. An extrordinary location with convenient access to some serious backcountry and alpine vistas.
David Alexander was the workshop mentor. He pushed us to experiment. I don't know how much of that stuck but the photos of the trip have.
This painting was done from a digital photo. I have been studio bound while it has been below zero for some time. Working this way is comfortable but a challenge as I lose the sponteniety of being forced to get the painting done before the light changes. Overworking the painting gets problematic so I set a timer and don't work more than an hour without taking a break and try to get things done in 3 hours total.

No comments: