Paintings and Prints available

8/25/09

Three Weeks on the Paint Out Trail

I'm off to the races or rather, Paint Outs. I'll be two weeks in Hood River, land of windsurfers and wonderful vistas of volcanoes and rivers.
32 artists juried into the event. We have an itinerary of orchards, farms of flowers, the unique Maryhill museum grounds, Columbia River gorge, the steppes of the Cascades and downtown Hood River. We each try to get 6 paintings worth sharing in 4 days of painting and an opening show on Sept. 4th. Last year was awesome. The folks at the Columbia Art Center find accomadations with locals for the artists and really go all out to make it a super event. So far it's been the best plein air event in the Northwest.
I'll stop in Portland to present my work to some galleries then head up to Seattle to do the same.
Next stop is Whidby Island and the U.S. Open Plein Air Paintout. Last year I made it from Hood River to Coupeville on Whidby Island by the hair of my chinny, chin, chin. You have to get your canvas stamped to be eligible to jury into the show. Fortunately the two shows are separated enough for me to make both.
September I'll make it over to a paintout in Hope, Idaho with the infamous, notorious and wonderful maven of the arts Kally Thurman.
Wish me luck and stay tuned!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi- I used to live in Republic Many years ago ( I still live in Ferry County - Just the east side now) and I lived right behind the Catholic Church - Is your mountain village a picture a picture of Republic? It looks like it- very nice work Becky jo
Ps I think I may have met you at the Fair many years ago I was with a friend of mine Margo, and we were in the horse barn...did you used to have a horse named sonny

gregg said...

Yes, that is a painting done from Gold Hill, above the town. One of my favorite views of the catholic church and town.
Yep, that was Sunny. He's still around. We live down the Sanpoil on the rez.
thanks for the comment.