Paintings and Prints available

10/22/20

 Five years later... sheesh, I guess a record of my time has lapsed or filled by other platforms.  I have been ruminating on the issue of recording one's life.  It used to be we saved photos in an album for future reference by descendents and such that has been replaced by a virtual album and yet here is my online self from 5 years ago.  Had a left the planet would it still go on?  Even if it had would anyone care to look at it.  Relatives, friends and descendants could, atleast until the platform was obsolete.  One of my tasks for this winter is to digitize an analogue album of ancesters an aunt left me so the grandkids have an idea of their roots.  I'm digitizing photos and lineages while at the same time I will make prints of old photos of ancestors to document in material / analogue form something concrete for posterity.  What a conundrum the virtual realm presents.  

What does that say for the business of making paintings?  Talk about analogue! Practically retrogressive.

Do we really own our own thoughts anymore?



 


















No comments: