Paintings and Prints available

10/07/05

Dance of the Cranes


"Dance of the Cranes"

Had a great trip to Seattle. Spent some time sketching in Pike Street Market. The folks hanging out (homeless?) will sit for a sketch. I pay them $1 for 15 minutes. Don't pay them for an hour or they just leave.
This is the view from the balcony where I stayed. It was a rare sunny day. Diffuse light. Great sunset that I captured in a watercolor.
On the way over I had the opportunity to meet artist William F Reese. We had a great visit and got to see his work. I soaked it up like a sponge and look forward to the opportunity to do so again. Bill has been painting all his life. Wonderful landscapes and exceptional horses. He's looking for a home for a life size skeleton of a horse! Nothing like the real thing to study from.
Came home to find that I had sold some paintings out of the gallery in Republic. Turns out most of my stuff has been purchased by other artists. Don't know if that's a pattern or just what that means. One of the things that Bill said, "Don't sell the painting before it is made." I certainly understand what that means. So many say to paint what you know, paint what your heart tells you to paint, and paint from nature to learn the right way.
Fall is coming and the days are getting short but the light is perfect. I'm not looking forward to it getting colder but I'll figure out a way to still paint outside.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: