Paintings and Prints available

6/18/06

Sandpoint Paintout i.e. (Rainout)





Went to Sandpoint, ID., to a paintout. Had a great time even though it rained seriously for two of the 3 days we were there. Met some great artists and was just what I needed both for my work and socially. Living and working here in paradise has its drawbacks one of which is the fruitful interaction with other artists.
I regret that I didn't take more photos but did 4 oils and 15 sketches and watercolors that attracted the attention of a great guy and gallery owner Jim Quinn who asked me to do some more little (2"x2") watercolors of area scenes. It's kind of a mixed blessing but not surprising that many like my little journaling studies and I hope to aspire to BIG paintings. Got to figure that out. I think it has something to do with simplicity and not overworking things. I learned "Simple is Best" from horses, probably as true with art.
Sold paintings, got a couple galleries and a commission as well as an invitation on an excursion to the Valhalla's in Slocan, BC. Should be some awesome sites as well as artists.
I sold a painting to a nice person that works at the Hope Cafe. She and her children came to the artists reception and sale and purchased an oil I did of the Hope Car Cabins that were built in the '30's. Kally Thurman is the owner as well as the owner of the Outskirts Gallery in Hope, ID, where she has a wonderful collection of NW artists including Harold Balaz and Mel McKuddin as well as a book store. Betts and I went away with as many books as we left of my paintings. She has a wonderful cherubic intellect. I recommend to anyone that happens through the area should stop and visit.
The Hope Market and Cafe is run by Bob Kessler and is a sublime surprise. There is an exceptional collection of wines and cheeses as well as good food prepared by Bob and his wife. N. Idaho should be proud to have such eclectic personalities in the midst of beautiful scenery and climate. Cheers to you all!

No comments: