Paintings and Prints available

4/05/09

Blues of the North for Red of the South.




We left the warm southwest for home and 2" of snow on the 3rd day of April. Folks say and I agree that this is the longest winter we've ever known, in contrast to the Southwest that had a dry year. I wonder how it will go for the folks in L.A. who depend on this watershed for water.


I went a little farther north to my friend and fellow artist and horselogger, Rod Gould's. I thought we had it bad until I got across the line and found even more snow although the sun came out for us as we stood in the mud and painted Canadian skies. My pallet went from a warm, high key Burnt Sienna to a cool Ultramarine/umber pallet that took more energy if only because it was Colder!

1 comment:

Leslie Saeta said...

Glad to have found your blog. Your artwork is really nice. And yes, those of us in Los Angeles will be watching our grass die this summer as we have not had enough rain!